The Conference is designed to disseminate research and practice based work that enhances the first year in higher education and lends itself to a wide variety of subjects.The 2014 topics are:
- Designing and enacting curriculum and pedagogies that engage commencing students in learning.
- Focussing on assessment and feedback for learning.
- Promoting access to life and learning support.
- Fostering a sense of belonging.
- Enabling and promoting access to the first year.
- Promoting quality experiences of the first year.
- Evaluating and gathering evidence of success in first year initiatives.